Every mommy and wife has her dirty little secrets that you hide from your children and your husband at times. I always wondered if anyone out there shares the same secrets like I do…
1. I sometimes eat all the tasty and nasty snacks from the cupboard when the kids are asleep. Sometimes I eat them on my bed. I do it surreptitiously only because I don’t let the kids have any snacks just before dinner or bed!
2. There are days I don’t dress up and lounge about in my pyjamas.
3. I send the kids upstairs to play in the name of “work”, when actually I am watching some tele or facebooking.
4. I let the dogs on the bed for cuddles when husband isn’t home (I change the sheets to hide furry evidence)
5. I give my children calpol despite my husbands disagreement, because I just don’t want to deal with temperature for more than one day.
6. I shop secretly, and when my husband asks, I say, “I got it from a second hand shop.” (not that he ever would question my spending, but there is an element of fun in the lack of total transparency :p )
7. I get the kids to tidy up their own room, by luring them to watch TOP GEAR 😦
8. I sometimes don’t clean my teeth before going to bed.
9. Last but not the least, I used to shower twice a day or atleast once in the morning, but these days it is the other way round. I shower just in the evenings, after the kids have gone to bed. It is so peaceful, quiet, no one is banging the door, calling me to go upstairs, nobody is getting their fingers caught in the door, no one is kicking someone…warm water washing my days sins away!!!!!!!!!!
I would have never thought of doing such things before having the kids in my life, but they change everything. Yes, they do!
What are your naughty parent secrets?